The best upsell apps for Shopify stores can be a huge driving factor in increasing revenue. However, many businesses don’t know which app is the best or how to get started. In this blog post we will discuss the best Shopify upsell apps, how they can benefit your store, and the differences between them!
The best upsell apps for Shopify stores
Check out these Shopify upsell apps that will help you generate more revenue and increase average cart value.
1. ReConvert Upsell & Cross Sell
ReConvert is an upsell app for Shopify that offers:
- Thank you page tracking: Design custom order status pages without any technical skills. Use the landing page builder, add popups, and more to track upsell performance on your store.
- One click upsell and cross selling: Use thank you page upsells, product bundles, and cross sell/afterselling to drive more revenue.
- Upsell funnels: Customize the upsell experience to maximize return on investment and understand customer behaviour.
The free version includes:
- Up to 50 monthly store orders.
- One-click upselling.
- Funnel builder.
- Thank you page builder.
ReConvert’s $7.99/month Pro plan gives you all of the features in the free version with a total of 100 monthly store orders.
The MVP plan costs $14.99/month and gives you up to 200 monthly store orders.
Lastly, the VIP package covers up to 500 monthly store orders.
They have over 2,500 five star reviews with many happy customers raving about the increased revenue they’ve generated.
2. BOOM Cart Upsell & Cross Sell
BOOM’s upselling app helps Shopify store owners increase conversions by providing in-cart upselling and after-selling offers. You can offer customers products that they love at peak moments during the checkout process to improve their experience and drive more sales. The app also doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
Choose between upsells based on products, collections, or test generic upsells to determine which performances the best. By offering products that are based on a customer’s interests and cart, you maximize average cart value and the experience they have shopping in your store.
The best part? It’s free! With over 150 five star reviews, you can trust BOOM to meet your upselling needs.
3. Honeycomb Upsell & Cross Sell
Honeycomb is an all-in-one upselling and cross-selling app for Shopify. It helps brands increase their revenue with post-purchase and in-cart upsell offers and discounts. Increase your average order value with product recommendations customers will love and easily customize upsell funnels for maximum ROI.
One way Honeycomb stands out from the other Shopify upselling apps in our list is it artificial intelligence (AI). It’s AI engine analyzes your store to determine the most relevant product recommendations. Customers get cool products and you drive more sales. Everybody wins!
Honeycomb’s app is also built with mobile in mind. After all, most shopping is originating from mobile devices. Upselling and cross selling uses layouts that are responsive to any mobile device, increasing conversion rates. They ae also fully customizable to match your storefront and language.
Have a question or issue? No problem. Honeycomb includes dedicated support that will help you maximize the use of this upselling app and your success.
Track all of your results and performance with a dashboard that displays return on investment, average order value, click-through rate, and other KPIs.
4. Aftersell Upsell & Cross Sell
eComet Labs upselling and cross selling app offers a free plan and 30-day trial of its paid version. Shopify brands can use this app to boost sales with one-click upsell funnels and post-purchase product recommendations.
Offer relevant products to customers after they’ve checked out to maximize average order value and customer lifetime value. Additionally, you can add storewide popup discounts to create urgency and drive customers to take action.
Post-checkout offer flows enable you to create funnels based on users’ behaviours and they can accept these offers in one click. If they decline the first upsell, hit them with a downsell! Customize the upsell and downsell page designs to match your brand as well.
Other nifty features this app includes to help you drive more revenue includes:
- Countdown timers.
- Triggers based on product, collection, cart value, and quantity.
- 3 upsells/downsells per funnel.
- FAQs widget to overcome objections.
- Designed for mobile devices.
- Analytics, tracking, ad reporting.
- And more!
Imagine have 40+ marketing tools to help you acquire customers, increase conversion rates, and more. That’d be awesome, right? Well, you’re in luck! The Vitals Shopify app includes over 40 tools to help you market your store. These include:
- Importing and gathering product reviews.
- Record and replay visitor sessions to understand customer behaviour.
- Stick add to cart button.
- Countdown timers.
- Display recently viewed products.
- Livechat with Messenger, WhatsApp, and more.
- Auto-convert 160+ different currencies.
- Geolocation redirects.
- Email marketing.
- Facebook Pixel installation.
- Social proof and trust badges.
- Abandoned cart recovery.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. However, most importantly, Vitals include upselling capabilities. Offer upsells and cross-sells during the checkout process or use Vitals’ bundle builder to combine several products. There is also a volume discount and quantity breaks to offer customers more value. Don’t forget to try the buy-one-get-one (BOGO) offers or take pre-orders for out-of-stock products.
Upsell Funnel Engine, or UFE for short, is a lightweight Shopify app that gives you powerful upselling funnel capabilities. You can increase your revenue by presenting customers with irresistible offers at the perfect time during checkout. All without compromising your store’s design or its user experience.
There are many features built into the app that makes this possible. These include personalized product recommendations, discounts, upsell bundles, quantity breaks, and buy-one-get-one offers.
Other features that make this app worth the investment are:
- Display upsells directly on a page or as a popup.
- Split testing capabilities to find the perfect offer and timing.
- Add upsell funnels to product pages, the cart page, thank you page, or other areas of your storefront.
- Support is available in multiple languages.
- Take advantage of various triggers for upsells to appear.
- Schedule upsell funnel offers ahead of time.
- Real-time analytics to measure the performance of your funnels and improve them.
- Live preview updates while creating upsells to see them before they go live.
- And more!
There are currently four plans available for UFE:
- Free: Up to 50 orders per month, unlimited funnel views, funnels, bundles, “frequently bought together” recommendations, A/B test, Pixels, and downsells.
- Startup ($7.99/month): Up to 100 orders per month, all of Free’s features plus no watermark, analytics, and A/B/N testing.
- Growth ($19.99/month): Up to 200 orders per month and all of the previous plan’s features.
- Premium ($29.99/month): Up to 500 orders per month and all of the previous plan’s features.
Like most apps, it can be wise to choose the free plan, test it out, and then upgrade later.
7. Zoorix: Cross Sell Cart Upsell
Zoorix allows you to create upsells, cross sells and downsell offers for your customers.
It provides three types of products: Up Sell Products, Cross-Sell Products & Down-Sell Products. These are all shown in the same place for easier management. Users can select which ones they would like displayed on their shop page or remove them completely if they’re not needed any longer.
This app also has a useful feature called “Frequently Bought Together” where it will suggest products that go well with what is currently being viewed by the customer, a great way to increase sales!
Additionally, Zoorix’s features include:
- Artificial intelligence powered recommendations to drive more revenue.
- Mobile optimized design to increase conversion rates.
- Customizable widgets that match your store’s design.
- Supports Shopify’s locations and currencies.
- Dashboard and analytics to measure your return on investment.
- World-class customer support to help you every step of the way.
8. Zipify One Click Upsell
One of the best upsell apps for Shopify is Zipify, which will allow you to add a pop-up on your store that offers an additional product or service after checkout. This app provides smarter and more automated upselling with simple one-click integration into any theme or template.
One major benefit of this feature is its ability to be displayed across multiple pages in order to maximize revenue conversion opportunities. It also comes equipped with advanced targeting capabilities so you can display products based on customer interests, behavior, items already in cart, etc!
Additionally, they have many different types of upsells available such as cross sells (recommending products similar to those being viewed), related products/services (products received when purchasing another item), and replacement parts if your products need regular maintenance.
There is a 30-day free trial we recommend trying before diving into the paid version that costs $24.99/month. Their pricing plans are as follows:
- Tier 1 ($24.99/month): Up to $200 in total monthly upsell revenue, unlimited pre and post-purchase upsells, split testing, mobile optimized, and live chat support.
- Tier 2 ($44.99/month): Up to $200–$400 in total monthly upsell revenue, unlimited pre and post-purchase upsells, split testing, mobile optimized, and live chat support.
- Tier 3 ($54.99/month): Up to $400–$500 in total monthly upsell revenue, unlimited pre and post-purchase upsells, split testing, mobile optimized, and live chat support.
- Tier 4 ($74.99/month): All featured included and you can visit Zipify’s official website for a personalized demo.
9. In Cart Upsell & Cross Sell
The In Cart Upsell & Cross Sell app is great for encouraging customers to add more items to their carts.
This app has a lot of features, but here are some of the most important ones: live chat support, unlimited pre and post-purchase upsells, customizable product recommendations based on customer data or behavior analysis, one-click installment payments without redirecting to PayPal’s website (which can be helpful if you want your customers not leaving your site), two options for displaying products (“recommended” which links directly to each recommended item with its price displayed right under it or “additional info” that displays all the information about an individual item).
The free version includes one upsell/cross sell offer, free installation, and email support.
For $19.99/month, the Basic plan includes 500 offers, geo-targeting, AI-generated offers, A/B testing, advanced discount terms, and live chat support.
You can also upgrade to the Advanced plan if you require a dedicated 24/7 success manager, live account setup.
10. UpCart in Cart Upsells
UpCart is a simple upsell app that lets you offer related products to your customers as they are checking out. You can increase revenue by offering customized offers based on the cart contents, shipping information, and/or customer profile. The app also allows you to show recommendations from the UpCart store catalog or even external sites like eBay or Amazon.
With UpCart’s cross-platform functionality, you can follow your customers wherever they go with their carts across desktops, tablets, smartphones, Apple watch apps & more! This means no losing potential sales when someone leaves your site for another device during checkout – just one click away from completing their order!
This app is also completely free so it’s a great one to start with before investing in a paid app.
11. Monster Upsell Cart Drawer
Keep customers on your site longer with Shopify’s exclusive Monster Upsell Cart Drawer. The app tracks the items in a customer’s cart, and when they add another item to their order, it is suggested that they also purchase related products at reduced prices before checkout!
This app works best for stores that want to increase average order value without losing potential buyers.
With this upsell strategy, you can use cross-selling techniques like having similar or complementary products suggested based upon previous purchases made by other shoppers…which means more revenue from each sale!
A unique customizable cart drawer allows you to offer upsells with:
- Add more products to unlock.
- Buy more and save more.
- One-tick upsells.
- Frequently bought together recommendations.
The Monster Upsell Cart Drawer app only costs $7.99/month and there is a 10-day free trial you can take advantage of.
Final thoughts on the best Shopify upsell apps
Upselling is an essential strategy for e-commerce brands that want to drive more revenue and growth. However, manually upselling takes a lot of time and energy. That’s where Shopify upselling apps come to save the day. Use the apps we outlined in this article to start generating more sales by upselling and cross-selling.
If you need expert media buyers to drive targeted traffic to maximize your upsell strategy, learn more about our PPC management services.